09 September 2009

I have been on the internet for well over a decade.


Remember when, if you wanted to do something on the internet beyond posting on various BBSes, you'd have to make a fucking website? Well, I do. Thanks to google and the wayback machine, I have recovered some of the more idiotic things I did with my time between the ages of 12 and 15...


In 1997 I started a website called "Goku's Dragonball Cafe." It eventually merged with an IRC friend's page to become... The Dragonball Pitstop! And guess what? IT'S STILL ON THE INTERNET. WTF. Last updated, by me, 22nd August 1999: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza/8217/dbps/. From then on we moved the site to a free-account-without-banner-ads host called hypermart where it took on a much nicer layout. However, hypermart deleted all of its free accounts in 2004. The "reviews" section, however, still works on its own.. Which is hysterical, because it's me reviewing Dragonball movies. And one of them is a .txt file. Oh, I am still laughing.


I made this website in 1998, and continued it until 2000. It was for, yes, my backyard wrestling federation: http://sk8ter112.tripod.com/1aindex.html . Somehow, it is still up, wasting valuable internets.


Well, there's more. I had a Green Day fan site and I re-discovered several old posts I made on various different boards. However, I should really be getting in that hour-long nap before going to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment